Frequently Asked Questions
What is Home Care?
Home care consists of pediatric skilled nursing visits and private duty, and therapies that are provided to patients after or in lieu of hospitalization.
What services does All About Kids provide?
Wound Care & Dressing changes and instructions.
For More Information See Services
What are the criteria for admission to home care?
- Service patients age 0 months and up to 21 years.
- Skilled need assessment, teaching and treatments to meet goals of patient self-care related to diagnoses or changes in the medical plan of treatment
- Intermittent services are provided in visits and generally for an acute, not chronic, care need
- All medications require a prescription
How do I make a home care referral to All About Kids Home Health?
- All services must be ordered by the patient’s physician
- If you are hospital-based, call our office (956) 412-3337 or 1-877-412-3337 to assist in the development of the patient’s plan of care. After business hours and on weekends please call 1-866-715-2289.
- If you are not hospital-based, please call our office (956) 412-3337 or 1-877-412-3337. After business hours and on weekends please call 1-866-715-2289. You will be asked for patient’s address, phone #, insurance, primary diagnosis, orders for care, if skilled care is needed, reason for care, and the name, address and phone number of physician who will be following the patient and responsible for ongoing care.
All About Kids Home Health does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or age in admission, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or in employment.